Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Helping Hand~

I must give a huge thanks to GT for my "easy up" GT Dirt Coalition tent I received this week. Sure.... at first it was not so easy to put up, but after a little practice my GT Team tent putting up skills will soon match my nerf hoop skills.

Today was the first day of my Wednesday Bike ride/repair program I have going for under privileged youths in my area. This is the 3rd year of the ride/repair program. I lend a helping hand in repairing any kids bike for free to enable them to ride to school, or with friends simply having fun. I also teach the kids pack riding techniques and help out with coaching and mentoring. The program has been a big success locally, and I really like to help out those less fortunate then me.

Two times in the last week or so I have went out on some really fun Tandem Bike rides with my Sweetheart. She loves to go fast and I am more then obliged to give her the thrill of speed. One time we shot through a flowing river at full speed. It was an all or nothing move as we approached the stream crossing. I tired to get her prepared for the impact of bike versus river, but my girl seems to have no fear when put in these types of go for broke on the bike situations. We ripped across the river and I can only imagine that both of our smiles were equally as big after we cleared the obstacle and kept on going.

One of the cool things about my bike rides from home is I get to pass by the giant American Bison which are staged near my place. These animals have some serious power and always check on me as I ride by heading for the hills....


Getting back to racing always reminds me of going at it with my friend and ex-team mate Trent Klasna. Trent and I competed in many races together and trained a tremendous amount together. Now I am so stoked to be racing on the GT Carbon ZASKAR.

Trent went on to be the #1 ranked professional Road racer in America for two years. And I can remember each time I put the hurt on him on the bike!!! All the throw down sessions we had while racing and training will for sure help me when I am competing during 2009.

Here Klasna is leading a breakaway on the final lap or a USA Pro event in Pennsylvania....

Klasna winning the Redlands event after dropping the entire field made up of some of the USA's best Road racers......


My training is seriously coming together. Each ride I can feel my strength improving and my legs getting into form. The next few weeks are crucial to my development in my build up for the 2009 racing campaign. Plus I am so motivated to be getting the 2009 GT Carbon ZASKAR. This dream ride should be arriving very soon.

Thank you GT BICYCLES!

No comments:

Post a Comment