Monday, August 10, 2009

Napa X-Country Racing








Lots of action went down in this popular Californian Epic event! The weather was scorching hot and so was the competition.

I put in a big effort in this race and was running in the top 3 range in the 35+ Expert division, only to come unglued in the last mile. Yes the last mile of the 30 mile course. Two riders passed me in that last mile and I went from 4th to 6th place in the end, one spot off the podium. Those passes hurt, especially when those two riders finished 5 seconds and 20 seconds in front of me on the finish line. However it was very promising to be finding my form with many more races still to come on the 2009 calender. My division had this year's National MTB Champion in the group, as well as many other notable Nor-Cal top guns, and I was running up front for most of the 30 mile test. My best is still to come!!

I set up my GT Dirt Coalition tent next to Chris Horton from Sacramento. We doubled up the tents and gave GT a great impact for the masses of MTB enthusiasts who were on hand for the event. Chris represented the GT Dirt Coalition well with a 1st place in the Sport division. Congratulations to Chris on his fine ride! Also, it was cool to hang out with a team mate after the race and throw down some beer and share stories about the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment