Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sea Otter Classic

GT Dirt Coalition team mates after the Super D win! Keith DeFiebre is a legend and I am lucky just to be standing next to the man, I was also lucky to be able to act as his support rider in claiming the Super D title for the GT Dirt Coalition team....
I posted up doing some security on the famous Sea Otter Classic dual slalom. Someone had to keep the camera men in check so I set up shop in the third berm area and ran the show.....

The Sea Otter Classic has always been special to me and this year was the best ever! I was born and raised in Monterey so this event has everything for me. Friends, Family, great weather and some good racing action!! My good friend and Sea Otter Dual-Slalom course designer, Keith Defiebre had me all VIP'ed every which way. GT had me feeling like a part of the family and it was great to meet the folks that have made my Dirt Coalition dreams come true.

Racing Action: In the Super-D, GT Dirt Coalition team mate Keith Defiebre and I had a plan to use road racing tactics to get Keith 2 wins in as many years. We carried out the strategy to perfection and Keith won the race in the largest amount of time of any category. Victory IS sweet!
X-Country action was long and hot. I surprised myself by getting 8th place in the grueling 38 mile event as I had an injury and then illness that took me off the bike for a full 3 weeks leading up to the race. I'm optimistic about rocking the GT Zaskar to some BIG finishes in 2009!!

I'm now healthy again, have a big race in my legs, got a taste of the racing action and believe me, IT'S ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment